While at the intersection of art and mysticism, we came over Dangerous Minds' recaption of filmmaker Alejandro Jodorovsky's 82 "commandments". If you haven't yet experienced his movies, do dedicate an autumn evening to explore his masterpieces The Holy Mountain and El Topo for a definite stretch of your imaginative spirit.
Here are the first 15:
1. Ground your attention on yourself. Be conscious at every moment of what you are thinking, sensing, feeling, desiring, and doing.
2. Always finish what you have begun.
3. Whatever you are doing, do it as well as possible.
4. Do not become attached to anything that can destroy you in the course of time.
5. Develop your generosity ‒ but secretly.
6. Treat everyone as if he or she was a close relative.
7. Organize what you have disorganized.
8. Learn to receive and give thanks for every gift.
9. Stop defining yourself.
10. Do not lie or steal, for you lie to yourself and steal from yourself.
11. Help your neighbor, but do not make him dependent.
12. Do not encourage others to imitate you.
13. Make work plans and accomplish them.
14. Do not take up too much space.
15. Make no useless movements or sounds.